Fastest Growing eBay.com Sellers July 2016 Report
Last week eBay announced that it now has over 1 billion active listings. While they are only growing sales at 5% compared to last year, continued investments into improving browsing experience should start paying off eventually.
With staggering 22,792.00% growth in a month comc_consignment came from nowhere and managed to become one of the top sellers on eBay months after joining it. Located in Redmond, Washington, COMC (Check out My Cards) sells various sports memorabilia products like baseball cards. They also run their own website at www.comc.com and have been in business since 2005. Perfect example of how well eBay works for niche products.
We would like to highlight the new initiative eBay tried this year. At eBay OPEN in Las Vegas first annual SHINE Awards for Small Business prizes were awarded. The winners were:
- Grand Prize Winner: Laurie Wong, Reflections of Trinity. Laurie works to serve the needs of its community through ecommerce and a local marketplace ministry. In 2015 alone, she distributed more than 12,000 boxes of groceries (622,965 lbs. of food!) to those in need in her community.
- Woman Small Business Owner: Tanya Crew, Motorcycle-Works. As a single mom trying to finish college, Tanya started selling motorcycle accessories on eBay to make some extra spending money and now, years later, has a multi-million dollar global business.
- Growing Business: Spencer Apland, 541-Motorsports. Spencer has eight full-time employees and maintains a 20,000 square foot warehouse. His eBay business provides a comfortable living for his growing family, and Spencer expects revenue to increase by more than 50 percent from 2015 to 2016.
- Global Business: Neha Gajwani, Smack-Tom. Neha sources electronics accessories overseas and sells them through her own website and on eBay. As her business began to grow, she has opened offices in Miami, India, and most recently in China, and 23 percent of her sales are international.
- Charitable Business: Lauralee Lindholm, Heart for Ethiopia. Lauralee uses eBay to raise funds to help young children attend school and entrepreneurs to start their own businesses in rural Ethiopia.
- Family Business: William Wolstenholme, Rhode Island Internet Consignment and Sales. William and his family run the one of the biggest eBay stores for Antiques & Collectibles. The store is a full-time job for William, his wife, two daughters, and son-in-law.
There is more information in the official press release Recognizing eBay’s Best and Brightest.
We used feedback growth as a method to estimate how much a seller has been able to grow their sales. Feedback growth is calculated by comparing feedback ratings amount on July 1st and July 31st. The table below is top 100 sellers ranked by the growth rate.
Click here to read the previous June 2016 Report.