30% of Deals on Prime Day to be from Marketplace Sellers

Today Amazon shed some light on the upcoming Prime Day 2016. Confirming the importance of the marketplace, 30% of all deals will be from marketplace sellers, with the remainder 70% offered by Amazon itself.

The number of marketplace sellers taking part in Prime Day 2016 grew by 100% year-over-year, and the number of deals offered by marketplace sellers grew by 100% as well. As Prime Day becomes an expected annual event the amount of marketplace sellers participating will continue to increase.

Peter Faricy, Vice President for the Amazon Marketplace, said:

“Prime Day gives small businesses and entrepreneurs selling on Amazon from around the world a peak sales day during the summer months. Prime Day is great for customers and sellers. Customers have the opportunity to support small businesses by purchasing unique products at a great price with fast, free shipping, and it helps sellers prepare for the upcoming holiday season by providing feedback and more customer reviews on their new and top selling products.”

Amazon has already started offering deals on Prime Day Countdown Deals.

This year Prime Day is going to happen in the US, UK, Spain, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, Belgium and Austria.

Share it:

Join the conversation on Twitter or Facebook.

You can also join our mailing list to get new articles straight to your inbox.

Juozas "Joe" Kaziuk─Śnas

Founder of Marketplace Pulse, Joe wears multiple hats in the management of Marketplace Pulse, including writing most of the articles. Based in New York City. Advisor to other startups and entrepreneurs. Occasional speaker at conferences.

Get Data-Driven Insights About Online Retail