Top Rated Seller status is awarded to sellers who meet certain sales and tracking requirements, as well as specific performance standards. This status was introduced in October 2009, and replaced Power Seller status, which still exists, but is no longer visible to customers.
Top Rated Seller status is available in the US, UK, and Germany marketplaces where it is awarded locally. Other worldwide marketplaces share a Global status.
The current requirements for sellers on eBay.com are (other marketplaces are similar):
- eBay seller account must have been active for at least 90 days
- At least 100 transactions with US buyers over the most recent 12-month period
- At least $1,000 in sales with US buyers over the most recent 12-month period
- For at least 95% of transactions with US buyers in the last 3 months a shipment tracking number is added within the promised handling time, and the shipping label is scanned by the carrier
- No more than 0.30% of eBay Money Back Guarantee and PayPal Purchase Protection cases can be closed without seller resolution
- No more than 0.5% of transactions with US buyers with one or more defects over the most recent evaluation period
- Less than 3% of transactions with late shipping (Sellers with 400 or more transactions over the past 3 months are evaluated based on the past 3 months, and sellers with fewer than 400 transactions are evaluated based on the past 12 months)
|Top Rated Market||Number of Sellers|
This report was updated on . All metrics mentioned are based on Marketplace Pulse data.